Attendance for last Saturday afternoon's game at the Glass Bowl between 1-5 EMU and 5-0 UT was 18,204. Capacity is 26,248.
UT has played only 6 games because the first game was cancelled due to weather.
Back in 2001, Toledo started the season 5-0. The game after 9/11 was canceled. The Rockets finished that season with a 10-2 record. UT lost at Ball State and at Bowling Green. Toledo won the MAC championship game against Marshall, and that game was played in the Glass Bowl. UT won its bowl game against Cincinnati.
In November 2001, UT hosted EMU, and the Glass Bowl attendance was 27,831. Maybe EMU was better.
In 2001, UT played three regular season home games against MAC schools.
- Northern Illinois - 36,502 attendance
- Western Michigan - 23,923
- Eastern Michigan - 27,831
Attendance for the MAC championship game at the Glass Bowl was only 20,025, but I sort of understood why. It was a cold Friday night, and the game was televised on ESPN.
Thus far in 2015, UT has played two MAC home games.
- Kent State - 23,118
- Eastern Michigan - 18,204
The Rockets play at Massachusetts this Saturday, October 24.
The next home game is Tuesday night, November 3 vs Northern Illinois.
Current MAC West Division Standings, showing conference records:
- Toledo : 3 - 0
- Western Michigan : 2 - 0
- Northern Illinois : 2 - 1
- Central Michigan : 2 - 1
- Ball State : 1 - 2
- Eastern Michigan : 0 - 3
Bowling Green leads the East Division with a 3 - 0 record.
UT's remaining MAC schedule:
- home vs Northern Illinois - Tue, Nov 3 - ESPN-something
- at Central Michigan - Tue, Nov 10 - ESPN-something
- at Bowling Green - Tue, Nov 17 - ESPN-something
- home vs Western Michigan - Fri, Nov 27 - ESPN-something
If UT makes it undefeated through those four games, that will be impressive.