Container Gardening Ideas
- For growing produce on our backyard concrete driveway, which receives the most sunshine.
Earth Box idea
How to build an Earthbox 2010 for $20
Organic Pest Con...
1 min read
- Jun 29, 2016 - #home #yard #garden #howto #blog_jr
Tt comment mar 20 2015
- (user asked about growing lawn grass)
What about a ground cover plant instead of lawn grass? The advantage of purslane is that you can eat it. It's good on salads.
If sandy soil and if it receives some sunshine, what about native prairie plants, l...
- Mar 20, 2015 - #home #garden #yard
American Woodcock in our backyard - Apr 8, 2014
- From about 1:30 p.m. to 2:10 p.m., I watched an American Woodcock slowly wobble from the flower bed along the west side our house, southward through our west spirea flower bed. It disappeared from my view when it moved behind the big oak tree at the ...
10 min read
- Apr 08, 2014 - #birds #home #yard #blog_jr
Yard photos - Apr 1, 2014
- The little flowers are blooming today on our devil's strip. These are always the first flowers to bloom in our yard. On Sat morning, Mar 29, 2014, I noticed short stalks or nubs. I did not check for the flowers on Sunday nor yesterday. But I noticed ...
- Apr 04, 2014 - #home #yard #weather #flowers #pets #photos #blog_jr
Backyard Tall Coreopsis flowers - 2013
- #todo - [add photos and edit text]
Peak bloom for our backyard tall coreops is now (Aug 30, 2013). They've been looking great for the past two weeks, and especially over the past seven days.
Huge expansion of the tall coreopsis in our backyard this...
4 min read
- Jan 15, 2014 - #todo #home #nature #flowers #yard #blog_jr
To-dos for the week of June 17, 2013
- [done 18june] mow entire yard.
done 20 june change Munster's cage.
[done 18june] apply landscaping cloth and pine bark mulch to one oval backyard flower bed.
[didn't work. pan too hard. 18june] drill drainage holes on the underside of one planter pan...
- Jun 24, 2013 - #home #yard #garden #yardtodo
Yard to-dos for the end of May 2013
done - snip out more phlox
done - remove most of the plants growing in the concrete seams.
done - take down or move the hopper feeder.
done - mow backyard
done - Turn over the soil in the old swamp milkweed bed that was used l...
1 min read
- Jun 05, 2013 - #home #yard #garden #yardtodo