Update: March 2014:
- this was created in Nov-Dec 2013 and updated some in early 2014.
- it's called Kinglet, running at Soupmode.com.
- it's API-driven, using REST and JSON.
- currently, the API piece is written in Perl.
- currently, the 'client' piece is also written in Perl, and it executes on the same server but in its own directory.
- #todo - plan to create server-side client codebase in Node.JS.
- #todo - may attempt to create a single page application (SPA) version of the client where the entire app for the user executes in the browser and uses Angular.js or Backbone. js or something else.
- #todo - maybe in 2014, I'll attempt to create a client app in Objective C for iOS.
update 13Nov2013 maybe make it operate only as a simple, private web-based messaging tool.
Objective: learn NodeJS and either AngularJS, Bootstrap, or jQuery.
- small text area box to post content. prob stick with 300 chars max.
- post button.
- no preview.
- no edit.
- only formatting: auto-link for hashtags and URLs.
- no tag list with counts.
- no user account.
- responsive design.
- user account: e-mail and username.
- auto-gen password.
- user can change password.
- profile page.
- tag list with counts.
- following users?
- following tags?
Learning Node.JS Programming - Nov 10, 2014
Links feb 25, 2017 - Feb 25, 2017
API-first-development design - Jun 23, 2014
Another Facebook contribution to PHP - Mar 26, 2014
My three favorite books - Mar 28, 2014