Ingredient mix or kit purchased from their website: Summer Wheat
- according to the website, this beer is suppose to have a 5.5% ABV.
- brewed on Wed, May 14, 2014
- we tasted some of the wort and the spent grains after the mash, and it tasted like a sweet oatmeal-type cereal. nice.
- bottled on Jun 1
- produced 9 bottles
- still tasty during bottling
- drank our first two bottles on Jun 14, and I liked it. Extremely carbonated to a fault. Opened bottle, then while bottle remained still on counter, bubbles rose, then more bobbles, then irruption from the sediment, then it foamed out the top for a while. fascinating to watch. unsure what's going on.
- Jun 17 update: delicious beer, especially on a 90-degree day. opened and poured immediately but slowly in glass and all went well, carbonation-wise.
- Since it was a kit, I'm unsure of the exact ingredients.
- From the website:
- "Summer Wheat is brewed with American white wheat and spicy hops"
- "Malted barley and wheat blend, hops, and yeast"
Brooklyn Brew Shop - Summer Wheat Instructions - May 27, 2014
Our Toledo Area Activities for Sat, Mar 8, 2014 - Mar 19, 2014
Irish Red Ale - One Gallon Batch - Jun 16, 2014
Wheat beer recipe - May 18, 2015
Beer notes at tt - Dec 17, 2014