Ingredient mix or kit purchased from their website: Summer Wheat
- according to the website, this beer is suppose to have a 5.5% ABV.
- brewed on Wed, May 14, 2014
- we tasted some of the wort and the spent grains after the mash, and it tasted like a sweet oatmeal-type cereal. nice.
- bottled on Jun 1
- produced 9 bottles
- still tasty during bottling
- drank our first two bottles on Jun 14, and I liked it. Extremely carbonated to a fault. Opened bottle, then while bottle remained still on counter, bubbles rose, then more bobbles, then irruption from the sediment, then it foamed out the top for a while. fascinating to watch. unsure what's going on.
- Jun 17 update: delicious beer, especially on a 90-degree day. opened and poured immediately but slowly in glass and all went well, carbonation-wise.
- Since it was a kit, I'm unsure of the exact ingredients.
- From the website:
- "Summer Wheat is brewed with American white wheat and spicy hops"
- "Malted barley and wheat blend, hops, and yeast"
May 2015 AHA Big Brew Day - Apr 27, 2015
Rose-Cheeked and Blonde - One Gallon Batch - Jul 01, 2014
Sori Sushi and Bier Stube - Jun 17, 2014 - Jul 17, 2014
July Brewly - 2014 - Jul 24, 2014
Making pizza from spent beer grains - Jul 07, 2014