Thu, July 21, 2016 Downtown Toledo Activities
- Black Cloister Celebrates Belgian National Day
Info below came from an email that contained a PDF file about an event occurring at the Black Cloister Brewing Company tonight, Thu, Jul 21, 2016.
Belgian National Day is celebrated on July 21st...
2 min read
- Jul 21, 2016 - #toledo #art #beer #brewery
Our Trappist beer drinking notes
- As of July 2014, only 10 beer-producing monasteries in the world are labeled with Authentic Trappist Product.
Brasserie de Rochefort - Belgium - 1595
Brouwerij der Trappisten van Westmalle - Belgium - 1836
Brouwerij Westvleteren/St Sixtus - Belgi...
- May 20, 2016 - #beer
Grub, beer, and fall-like weather at Mutz on Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- DD and I arrived at The Oliver House around 7:40 pm. We dined at Mutz and sat outside in the small, shared courtyard area surrounded by a four-story brick building on all sides. Irregular-shaped courtyard. Tight, cozy area. Nice. We sat next to a wi...
3 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #toledo #food #beer #restaurant #weather #blog_jr
A full, rich Toledo day - Sat, Jul 19, 2014
- Walking, shopping at the farmers market, lunch at a coffee shop, gardening, brewing beer, and enjoying great music downtown.
I started the day, making French press pot coffee with Bea's Blend coffee beans that we buy at the Toledo Farmers Market o...
8 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #toledo #home #food #garden #beer #music #event #blog_jr
Belgian beer talk and homebrewing
- (My Jul 21, 2014 comment to a ToledoTalk.com thread.)
"You can't go wrong."
I can go wrong if they don't have a Belgian-style beer available.
Currently, The Attic offers La Trappe Dubbel on tap. That's a fine Trappist beer. We enjoyed a couple ...
8 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #beverage #beer #home #food #weather #restaurant #blog_jr
Tt post apr 20 2016
It will be a brewery and taproom.
... 4342 S. Detroit Ave. by early summer.
EBW, which will be located at the southern end of Byrne Road near the Anthony Wayne Trail, will have a taproom thats open three days a week likely ...
1 min read
- Apr 20, 2016 - #beer #brewery #toledo
Tt post oct 19 2015
- The Black Cloister is a "taproom," and that kind of license prohibits the business from having a kitchen.
A "brewpub" license allows for a kitchen, but it comes with more costs.
Many homebrewers who want to start a brewery business only want to fo...
1 min read
- Oct 19, 2015 - #toledo #beer #beverage #brewery
Tt post mon jul 27 2015 1814
- July 27, 2015 Toledo Blade story that contains a photo, showing law enforcement in action, during last Friday's sobriety checkpoint.
"Inspectors from the Department of Liquor Control find bottles of beer as they search cars. Ohio Liquor control age...
- Jul 27, 2015 - #media #history #photo #toledo #beer
Bottling beer - sanitizing bottles
- On bottling day, I fill my kitchen sink with a hot oxyclean solution and attach a bottle washer to my kitchen tap.
I fill 12 bottles with oxy clean, shake them up, pour them out, and rinse them with the bottle washer.
Then I submerge them in my 5...
- May 19, 2015 - #home #beer #howto
Wheat beer recipe
- May 18, 2015 - found in my Field Notes notebook. Unsure where or why I recorded this.
5 lbs 2-row
5 lbs wheat
.5 lb crystal 20
.5 lb rice hulls
I think that I recorded this at the home brew beer day that was held at Titgemier's in ear...
- May 18, 2015 - #beer #home #recipe
2015 Toledo Beer Week
- May 11 - 17, 2015
Toledo Beer Week will have more than 25 craft beer-related events throughout its run. From beer-themed sandwiches and doughnuts to tap takeovers at area bars and restaurants, organizers of the event left no keg untapped. Th...
4 min read
- May 14, 2015 - #beer #brewery #event
May 2015 AHA Big Brew Day
- Sat, May 2, 2015
Titgemeier's Feed Garden Store
701 Western Ave, Toledo, Ohio 43609
As of Apr 27, 2015, at least nine brewers have registered.
- Apr 27, 2015 - #home #toledo #event #beer #brewing #business #howto
Sat-Sun, Apr 18-19, 2015 Toledo Events
Sat, Apr 18 11 a.m. 11 p.m
Sun, Apr 19 12 5 p.m.
One Lake Erie Center (formerly Lamson's Department Store), 600 Jefferson Ave., Toledo, Ohio
Makers Mart both days
Sat, Apr 18 10 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sun, Apr 19 11 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
5 min read
- Apr 25, 2015 - #toledo #event #art #nature #food #beer
TT Apr 22, 2015 comment
- in the thread about the proposed state of Ohio outdoor refreshment zone.
"... Nothing you just described, Jack, would be precluded by the current law ..."
But current law probably frowns upon walking around with a beer hat, which I assume woul...
- Apr 22, 2015 - #beer