Proposed tt post apr 24, 2017
I only became aware of brutalism design a year ago. I like it. I'll have to look more closely at area buildings.
What other examples exist that might be slightly off the beaten path? Can you think of any non-governmental and non...
- Apr 24, 2017 - #toledo #history #design
Tt post oct 7, 2016 - b
- enjoyeverysandwich posted at 09:13:28 PM on Oct 07, 2016:
as soon as they can find another Commodore 64 to run the electronics.
Those are hot items. For parts.
September 2016 Gizmodo story : This Old-Ass Com...
1 min read
- Oct 07, 2016 - #history #technology
The case for print journalism
- Sep 10, 2016 - Politico - Why Print News Still Rules - "Ive been an online journalist for 20 yearsand still, youll have to pry my newspaper from my cold dying hands."
I get most of my news from the Web as it flows to my desktop, my tablet, my pho...
10 min read
- Sep 20, 2016 - #media #business #design #history #web #mobile #socialmedia #book
Braun - Dieter Rams designed radios
- RT 20 tischsuper
link with photos
Braun T3 Pocket Radio
link with photos
#radio #design #history
- Aug 22, 2016
Toledo newspaper history
- A few snippets, not an exhaustive story.
The Toledo News Bee is a defunct newspaper that served Toledo, Ohio and much of northwestern Ohio in the early part of the 20th century. It was formed from the 1903 merger of The Toledo News andThe Toled...
7 min read
- Jul 26, 2016 - #toledo #media #history #local #blog_jr
Google deletes 14-year-old blog for unknown reasons
- July 14, 2016
#blogging #art #history #business #moronism
July 24, 2016
- Jul 25, 2016 - #blogging #art #history #business #moronism
Old DaveNet postings
- Interesting Dave Winer posts from 1994 into the early aughts.
Get to see how tech, politics, etc. changed through the years.
DaveNet was first
then came Scripting
Some people say weblogs are just for teenagers to talk about cars, m...
2 min read
- Jul 16, 2016 - #web #technology #blogging #politics #history
The Cure concert at Pine Knob in June 2000
- One of my all-time favorite concerts. The Cure was the only band that played. It was a sunny and warm but not humid day, which led to a comfortable summer evening with a fine sunset. My friend Tim A and I stood atop the hill.
The Cure took the stag...
- Jul 13, 2016 - #music #history
Tt post july 5, 2016
- Toledo has struggled with refuse/recyclables for at least the last 10 years before we had the automated trucks and back when some residents placed their garbage on the side of the road five days or more before the scheduled pickup.
But instead of ...
2 min read
- Jul 05, 2016 - #toledo #politics #home #humor #moronism #history
One year later recap of june 27, 2015 weather
- JustaSooner posted his above comment about the Drought Monitor on June 27, 2016.
One year earlier on Saturday, June 27, 2015, we experienced one of the most bizarre storms that I have ever seen around here.
June 27, 2015 Toledo Talk thread
5 min read
- Jun 28, 2016 - #toledo #weather #history
Mac and Tong's closed on May 31, 2016
- November 2006 Blade story
Some people may remember [Mac] from Our Place, a Reynolds Road restaurant where he held forth for several years before he and his wife, Tong, who rules the kitchen, decided to hang up their aprons.
A few months ago, the...
- Jun 07, 2016 - #history #toledo #restaurant #food #event
Neocities sites - May 2016
- Awesome. Living the past today. Since Yahoo! killed Geocities, launched in 2013.
Neocities is bringing back the fun, creativity and independence that made the web great.
- contains an under construction gif.
- May 26, 2016 - #web #history #design #humor
Lost Arts Festival
- #ohio #history #event
from what i can tell, the above website does not provide permalinks to each event listing. weird.
Rifle Frolic at Seven Eagles Historical Education Center
May 21-22, 2016
The 32nd annual Lost Arts Festival will b...
3 min read
- May 20, 2016 - #ohio #history #event
- Newspaper journalism has been described as the first draft of history. For the people Mark Zaborney writes about, the obituary pages are the last draft.
Mr. Zaborney has been writing obituaries for The Blade for 32 years now, and while he also handl...
1 min read
- May 04, 2016 - #media #writing #history