Northwest Ohio migrating birds in early October
- Wed, Oct 5, 2016: I observed Golden-crowned Kinglet and White-throated Sparrow around our home this morning. These short-distant or temperate climate songbirds have started their fall migration through northwest Ohio.
But in early October, we stil...
2 min read
- Oct 05, 2016 - #ohio #bird #nature #blog_jr
Clay-colored and Field Sparrow Hybrid
- (my July 2008 ToledoTalk.com post)
From: Aaron B
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:38:11 -0400
Just got back from a successful outing in Lorain County at the Charlemont
Reservation. Since Ethan K found an unusual "Spizella" sparrow...
3 min read
- Jul 20, 2016 - #bird #nature #ohio
Directions to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Visitors Center
- Directions below are to Boston Store Visitor Center located at:
1550 Boston Mills Road
Peninsula, Ohio 44264
81 degrees 33.512' W
41 degrees 15.803' N
To contact staff call 330-657-2752
- Jun 30, 2016 - #park #ohio
Lost Arts Festival
- #ohio #history #event
from what i can tell, the above website does not provide permalinks to each event listing. weird.
Rifle Frolic at Seven Eagles Historical Education Center
May 21-22, 2016
The 32nd annual Lost Arts Festival will b...
3 min read
- May 20, 2016 - #ohio #history #event
Tt post may 11 2016 - b
- Regarding Amazon in Ohio, the following info is based upon 2015-2016 news stories. The info may have changed since initial reporting, or I may have comprehended the stories incorrectly. Verify on your own time.
Amazon plans to build three data cent...
- May 11, 2016 - #ohio #energy #wind #business #web #hosting
My tt apr 24, 2015 comment
- in a thread about ohio penalizing cities using traffic enforcement cameras
I am confident that the fascists in Toledo government will resolve this.
We shall overcome.
But we need a hashtag to help us weather this crisis.
I propose using a quote...
- Apr 24, 2015 - #NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity #toledo #politics #moronism #ohio #humor
Retiring from Voting
- I'm thinking about retiring from political voting, so that I can pursue other projects, spend more time with my family, and give others a chance to vote, especially young people :)
November 2013 may have been my last vote. Month 11 and year 13, a co...
5 min read
- Nov 12, 2014 - #moronism #humor #toledo #ohio #politics #blog_jr
2012 - 2013 Winter Season Summary
- I'd like to see a write-up for the 2013-2014 winter season.
North Central and Northeast Ohio
The winter of 2012-2013 in north central and northeast Ohio was characterized by warm temperatures and few big snowstorms. Temperatures at the beginning ...
10 min read
- Nov 07, 2014 - #weather #ohio #history
Cleveland chosen to host 2016 Republican National Convention
- Excerpts from a Jul 8, 2014 Cleveland.com story
Cleveland edged out Dallas, the other finalist, as the recommended location for the convention, giving the city an opportunity to strut its stuff to a national crowd while placing Ohio even more firml...
2 min read
- Jul 08, 2014 - #ohio #cleveland #business #politics
Ohio Weather History - Christmas 1983 Blizzard and Cold
Christmas of 1983 was the coldest Christmas ever with blizzard conditions across northeast Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania. The combination of the arctic cold temperatures and the wide open Great Lakes set the stage for the development of ...
4 min read
- Jan 08, 2014 - #ohio #weather #history