Magee Marsh Dragonflies - Fri, Sep 24, 2010
- my sep 24, 2010 blog post to the oybc facebook page, using the old-style notes functionality.
Friday's strong southwest winds caused numerous dragonflies...
- Aug 30, 2016 - #photo #insect #park
Directions to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Visitors Center
- Directions below are to Boston Store Visitor Center located at:
1550 Boston Mills Road
Peninsula, Ohio 44264
81 degrees 33.512' W
41 degrees 15.803' N
To contact staff call 330-657-2752
- Jun 30, 2016 - #park #ohio
W.W. Knight Nature Preserve visit - October 2014
- On Sun, Oct 19, 2014, DD and I visited the W.W. Knight Nature Preserve, located in or near Perrysburg, along the river road that connects Perrysburg to Rossford.
We visited the park from approximately 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
It was a sunny, br...
1 min read
- May 17, 2016 - #park #nature #woodcounty #perrysburg #blog_jr
ONWR visit - Oct 25, 2014
- I visited Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge late on Saturday afternoon, October 25, 2014. The weather was sunny, windy, and warmish with temps near 70 degrees. The fall foliage looked nice.
I walked around ONWR from approximately 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. I...
2 min read
- May 17, 2016 - #park #onwr #nature #blog_jr
W.W. Knight Nature Preserve
- (my August 2007 Toledo Talk post)
"To preserve, enhance, protect, and interpret the natural and cultural resources of Wood County."
The W.W. Knight Nature Preserve is located in Perrysburg Township, between Perrysburg and Rossford, on White Road j...
3 min read
- Oct 23, 2014 - #park #woodcounty #perrysburg #blog_jr
Toledo area places to walk
- #toledo - #park - #nature
Cullen Park is a city park, and that is an interesting walk to the end of that peninsula. Other Toledo spots that I enjoy visiting include:
If you like to mountain bike, try Je...
3 min read
- Jul 08, 2014 - #toledo #park #nature
Rossford Island View Park in the Fall
- RIVP is located on (Rt. 65) Dixie Highway just past Lime City Rd. on the right hand side of the highway at the top of the hill near the edge of Rossford city limits on the way to Perrysburg. It's easy to overlook the entrance. A small, low-profile s...
- Jun 23, 2014 - #photo #rossford #park #blog_jr