Regarding Amazon in Ohio, the following info is based upon 2015-2016 news stories. The info may have changed since initial reporting, or I may have comprehended the stories incorrectly. Verify on your own time.
- Amazon plans to build three data centers that will be located just outside Columbus city limits. The centers will support Amazon Web Services. Total employment will be 120 people. I think that's in total across all three data centers and not 120 people at each data center. Each job may have an average salary of $80,000.
- But Amazon also plans to build two fulfillment centers in central Ohio, which may provide total employment of around 2,000 people.
- Amazon will build a 48-turbine wind farm in Paulding County that will help power its centers.
- State and local tax incentives totaled over $80 million.
- Amazon's investment in Ohio should be over $1 billion.
Small wind farm being built along Lake Erie in Ottawa County - Mar 03, 2014
Small businesses that don't have their own websites - Apr 21, 2015
Web-based communication and businesses - Oct 02, 2013
Plain Dealer newspaper downsizes due to changes from print to digital - Oct 08, 2013
Using the Internet for fun and profit - Mar 03, 2014