TT thread about "Fast Food workers demanding $15/hr"
- Aug 28, 2013 ToledoTalk.com thread.
My only thought:
It might be fast, but it ain't food.
If the strikes disrupt business, the U.S. obesity rate might slow a little.
It's an odd time to strike when everywhere in the U.S. now has local produce in...
- Nov 10, 2017 - #business #food #health #politics
Junk food needs sin-taxed and banned
- (My July 2008 comment in a ToledoTalk.com thread about proposed junk food ban in California.)
Well, it's about time. We need sin taxes and bans on junk food just like tobacco. Naturally, someone will argue that "A person gulping down a Big Mac does...
3 min read
- Nov 10, 2017 - #food #health #politics #moronism
Downtown toledo open restaurants on sundays
- nov 18, 2016
Manhattan's closes at 2:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Registry Bistro is closed on Sundays.
Table 44 is open on Sundays until 10:00 p.m.
At the Oliver House, Rockwells Steakhouse Lounge is closed on Sundays, but the Maumee Bay Brew Pub is ...
- Nov 18, 2016 - #toledo #food #restaurant
Tt post sep 20 2016
- Phoenix Earth Food Co-op. This is one of my favorite stores in the Toledo area.
The Sylvania Farmers Market occurs on Tuesday evenings, I think. I couldn't tell from their Facebook page. I've never attended this market.
The Westgate Farmers Market...
- Sep 20, 2016 - #farming #food
Tt post july 27, 2016
- Excerpts from an October 2012 post by the Toledo City Paper about the Russian grocery store Matryoshka that Danneskjold mentioned above.
Caviar for breakfast?
Thats the Russian treat we grew up with, says Victoria Kamenny, owner of the new Russi...
- Jul 27, 2016 - #food
Mac and Tong's closed on May 31, 2016
- November 2006 Blade story
Some people may remember [Mac] from Our Place, a Reynolds Road restaurant where he held forth for several years before he and his wife, Tong, who rules the kitchen, decided to hang up their aprons.
A few months ago, the...
- Jun 07, 2016 - #history #toledo #restaurant #food #event
Tt post jun 6, 2016 - b
- June 6, 2016 blog post by Simply Jess titled Holey Toledough! What a Doughnut!
Excerpts. View the blog post for photos.
Chris is working hard to give Holey Toledough a permanent storefront location making these ever changing, delicious treats more...
1 min read
- Jun 06, 2016 - #food #startup #business #toledo
Naturally leavened sourdough bread
- I normally make a 100 percent whole grain bread that consists of my 100 percent white whole wheat flour starter and a flour ratio of 70 percent white whole wheat and 30 percent spelt.
The recipe below is for my "light" bread version, which still co...
12 min read
- Jun 02, 2016 - #food #recipe #bread #blog_jr - replies: 1
Grub, beer, and fall-like weather at Mutz on Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- DD and I arrived at The Oliver House around 7:40 pm. We dined at Mutz and sat outside in the small, shared courtyard area surrounded by a four-story brick building on all sides. Irregular-shaped courtyard. Tight, cozy area. Nice. We sat next to a wi...
3 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #toledo #food #beer #restaurant #weather #blog_jr
Plant-based sources of protein
- From a handout that I picked up from somewhere that promoted a vegan diet. I think that I got this handout from the University Church in Toledo.
I could see using a vegetarian diet but not vegan because I could not give up honey and wearing wool cl...
- May 19, 2016 - #todo #food #health #recipe
A full, rich Toledo day - Sat, Jul 19, 2014
- Walking, shopping at the farmers market, lunch at a coffee shop, gardening, brewing beer, and enjoying great music downtown.
I started the day, making French press pot coffee with Bea's Blend coffee beans that we buy at the Toledo Farmers Market o...
8 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #toledo #home #food #garden #beer #music #event #blog_jr
Belgian beer talk and homebrewing
- (My Jul 21, 2014 comment to a ToledoTalk.com thread.)
"You can't go wrong."
I can go wrong if they don't have a Belgian-style beer available.
Currently, The Attic offers La Trappe Dubbel on tap. That's a fine Trappist beer. We enjoyed a couple ...
8 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #beverage #beer #home #food #weather #restaurant #blog_jr
- We buy most of our honey from the Phoenix Earth Food Co-op, which sells at least two options, produced by local farmers who have their beehives in and around Toledo.
The product sold in the glass jar is relatively new at the co-op. I mainly buy...
1 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #food #business #health #local #nature #insect #toledo #blog_jr
Simple dinner with some garden produce
- Mon, Sep 8, 2014.
We planned to bottle a couple of our beers. Deb readied the bottles while I grilled produce and black bean burgers. We ate and relaxed and decided to bottle early the next day.
black bean burgers bought at Costco
1 min read
- May 19, 2016 - #garden #home #food #recipe #blog_jr