Toledo Region Branding Initiative
- (My slightly modified Apr 5, 2014 comment to a ToledoTalk thread about branding the Toledo region.)
I say, credit media mogul EconCat88 for igniting this latest trend in branding Toledo's image.
Last fall and this winter, Blade columnists and the B...
4 min read
- Nov 10, 2017 - #toledo #business #socialmedia #advertising #marketing #design
More static publishing info - june 25, 2016
- #jekyll #blogging #design #media #hosting
updated in 2017
- May 07, 2017 - #jekyll #blogging #design #media #hosting
Proposed tt post apr 24, 2017
I only became aware of brutalism design a year ago. I like it. I'll have to look more closely at area buildings.
What other examples exist that might be slightly off the beaten path? Can you think of any non-governmental and non...
- Apr 24, 2017 - #toledo #history #design
Slow News Movement and Charging for Content
- Slow News Movement
In July 2016, I thought of an idea called the Slow News Movement, patterned after the Slow Food Movement.
For consuming news, the Slow News Movement would mean focusing less on so-called breaking news and preferring stories that...
20 min read
- Oct 19, 2016 - #media #design #business
The case for print journalism
- Sep 10, 2016 - Politico - Why Print News Still Rules - "Ive been an online journalist for 20 yearsand still, youll have to pry my newspaper from my cold dying hands."
I get most of my news from the Web as it flows to my desktop, my tablet, my pho...
10 min read
- Sep 20, 2016 - #media #business #design #history #web #mobile #socialmedia #book
How Development Seed builds websites
- #jekyll - #programming - #web - #design - #business
- Sep 17, 2016 - #jekyll #programming #web #design #business
TheVerge.com still a bloated mess in September 2016
- The dumbest story that I read in 2015 was this one.
July 20, 2016 - TheVerge.com - The mobile web sucks - It's going to get worse before it gets better
The article's slant is stunning when considering the author's bio. My emphasis added.
8 min read
- Sep 13, 2016 - #web #design #media #moronism
WaPo using PWA to power its mobile website
- Sep 6, 2016 WSJ story
The Washington Post says it has a new lightning-fast mobile website, which it plans to roll out gradually before the end of the year.
The publisher said the new site, based on Google technology called Progressive Web Apps, wi...
4 min read
- Sep 06, 2016 - #pwa #mobile #web #design #media
Braun - Dieter Rams designed radios
- RT 20 tischsuper
link with photos
Braun T3 Pocket Radio
link with photos
#radio #design #history
- Aug 22, 2016
Interesting design and function plans by the UK's The Times
- The Times UK may be the best example of a newspaper/digital media org that is making a profit.
These are articles are enlightening. But can the same principles work at a smaller daily paper?
I would say that The Times UK's strategies are more appli...
12 min read
- Jul 30, 2016 - #media #design #web #mobile #app #business
Web page bloat links - july 2016
9 min read
- Jul 23, 2016 - #web #design
Tt post july 21 2016
- I'll take your word on the "F" for journalism.
But I'll add that the WTOL web article gets an "A" for successfully being a slow-loading, bloated mess.
1 min read
- Jul 21, 2016 - #media #toledo #web #design