Lamestream media's lack of comparable coverage for the Manning trial.
- That's how they earn the term "lamestream media."
Jul 31, 2013 - Did the media drop the ball on the Bradley Manning trial?
Corporate or government-led corporate media knew they could not get as many rubes interested in the Manning trial as with oth...
3 min read
- Nov 10, 2017 - #media #politics
Blade columnist's petty writing skills
- (My Apr 6, 2014 comment to a Toledo Talk thread)
In Burris's Apr 6, 2014 column, this line that he wrote is hilarious:
The Treeces faced mostly open minds.
Really? Maybe that depends upon the definition of "mostly."
Excerpts from Burris's No...
1 min read
- Nov 10, 2017 - #toledo #media #moronism #politics #business
More static publishing info - june 25, 2016
- #jekyll #blogging #design #media #hosting
updated in 2017
- May 07, 2017 - #jekyll #blogging #design #media #hosting
Glenn Greenwald continues to show why he's the best journalist
- Regarding national political matters.
- Mar 22, 2017 - #politics #media
Journalists' Goal for 2017: Produce Fake News
- So it seems, at least at some media orgs.
The problem is that many journalists use their filter bubble on Media Twitter to share bogus stories, produced by allegedly acceptable media orgs. The Media Twitter echo chamber is part of the fake news pro...
6 min read
- Jan 11, 2017 - #media #legal #business #moronism
Slow News Movement and Charging for Content
- Slow News Movement
In July 2016, I thought of an idea called the Slow News Movement, patterned after the Slow Food Movement.
For consuming news, the Slow News Movement would mean focusing less on so-called breaking news and preferring stories that...
20 min read
- Oct 19, 2016 - #media #design #business
Links to read sep 30, 2016
- Sep 30, 2016 - #media
The case for print journalism
- Sep 10, 2016 - Politico - Why Print News Still Rules - "Ive been an online journalist for 20 yearsand still, youll have to pry my newspaper from my cold dying hands."
I get most of my news from the Web as it flows to my desktop, my tablet, my pho...
10 min read
- Sep 20, 2016 - #media #business #design #history #web #mobile #socialmedia #book
Trust in Media - Sep 2016
- The 2016 data is skewed and skewered by this year's presidential election pro wrestling-like circus.
"Gallup poll: trust in mass media falls to 32%, eight points lower than in 2015, with only 14% of Republicans trusting it; overall level is lowest s...
- Sep 15, 2016 - #media #politics
TheVerge.com still a bloated mess in September 2016
- The dumbest story that I read in 2015 was this one.
July 20, 2016 - TheVerge.com - The mobile web sucks - It's going to get worse before it gets better
The article's slant is stunning when considering the author's bio. My emphasis added.
8 min read
- Sep 13, 2016 - #web #design #media #moronism
WaPo using PWA to power its mobile website
- Sep 6, 2016 WSJ story
The Washington Post says it has a new lightning-fast mobile website, which it plans to roll out gradually before the end of the year.
The publisher said the new site, based on Google technology called Progressive Web Apps, wi...
4 min read
- Sep 06, 2016 - #pwa #mobile #web #design #media