I don't do this often enough.
Last Saturday, Oct 12, 2013, we bought eggplant at the downtown Toledo Farmers Market. I also used the skinny eggplant that we grow in our garden for a meal on Oct 14, 2013.
Nothing fancy. I'm sure a better way exists, but this was tasty.
- sliced eggplant into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch disks.
- two eggs and a little bit of whipping cream mixed in a bowl.
- drenched eggplant slices in egg wash.
- dragged eggplant through seasoned bread crumbs.
- placed eggplant onto parchment paper-covered baking sheets.
- preheated oven.
- baked at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes total.
- after first 10 minutes, flipped the eggplant disks over.
- the thicker disks take about 25 minutes to bake, otherwise they are tougher and chewier after only 20 minutes.
- after baking, cool on rack briefly.
- plated eggplant disks.
- topped eggplant with my wife's homemade ricotta cheese.
- on top of the ricotta, placed slices of tomato from our garden.
Grilled ribeye steaks - Aug 20, 2013
Cooking a rib roast - Dec 25, 2015
Naturally leavened sourdough bread - Jun 02, 2016
Poilane-style punition sugar-butter cookie recipe - Sep 05, 2013
Making buckwheat pancakes from Hodgson Mill mix - Jun 01, 2014