I don't do this often enough.
Last Saturday, Oct 12, 2013, we bought eggplant at the downtown Toledo Farmers Market. I also used the skinny eggplant that we grow in our garden for a meal on Oct 14, 2013.
Nothing fancy. I'm sure a better way exists, but this was tasty.
- sliced eggplant into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch disks.
- two eggs and a little bit of whipping cream mixed in a bowl.
- drenched eggplant slices in egg wash.
- dragged eggplant through seasoned bread crumbs.
- placed eggplant onto parchment paper-covered baking sheets.
- preheated oven.
- baked at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes total.
- after first 10 minutes, flipped the eggplant disks over.
- the thicker disks take about 25 minutes to bake, otherwise they are tougher and chewier after only 20 minutes.
- after baking, cool on rack briefly.
- plated eggplant disks.
- topped eggplant with my wife's homemade ricotta cheese.
- on top of the ricotta, placed slices of tomato from our garden.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe - Mar 03, 2014
Homemade Ricotta Cheese - Oct 12, 2013
Autumn Soups - Country Living Fair 2013 - Sep 18, 2013
Michael Symon's brown butter mashed potatoes - Jan 15, 2014
Happy Birthday to My Sourdough Starter - Mar 17, 2015