Large group beer brewing day at Jerry P's place, scheduled for Sat, Jul 26, 2014.
Brewing begins at 10:00 a.m. Potluck begins at 6:00 p.m.
We'll be brewing a five-gallon version of the one-gallon Beligan Wit that we brewed back in April.
What to Bring according to JP
- I will have several buckets of Star San made up.
- That good carbon filtered water will be flowing.
- don't forget your propane!
- Bring some beer to share of the style you are brewing
- Also, please bring a small snack just for the afternoon
- You're welcome to put your filled fermenter in the basement.
- Maybe you can talk to your sig other / family and see if they want to meet you here after you brew. Please also bring:
- a chair
- a yard game if you like
- a delish dish to pass for the potluck
- a swimsuit and towel
What WE need to bring
- propane tank - get refilled
- large kettle
- lid for large kettle - do we have one??
- two pasta pots for help with something
- mash tun
- wort chiller
- digital scale
- large spoon
- 6.5 gallon plastic bucket
- lid for 6.5 gallon bucket
- 2 gallon plastic bucket just in case
- siphon or racking cane??
- bring the extra 6.5 gallon bucket and lid??
- beer to share - need to purchase at The Andersons
- 2 soft folding chairs
- food to snack on
- food for potluck
- gravity measuring device
- large plastic folding table
- small plastic folding table
- plastic container(s) to hold some spent grains??
- fire starter
- plastic pitcher to scoop and pour water for sparging
- large mesh strainer
- funnel for any reason?
Making pizza from spent beer grains - Jul 07, 2014
Wheat beer recipe - May 18, 2015
A full, rich Toledo day - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 - May 19, 2016
May 2015 AHA Big Brew Day - Apr 27, 2015
Grisette - Belgium beer - Jun 06, 2014