Finished knitting this scarf.
- It's 3 inches wide.
- 42 inches long.
- I used number 9 needles.
- 12 stitches per row.
- all knit stitch
Small, but sufficient. Can still wrap it around my neck two and a half times if necessary. Good for walking the dog, going to the store, or dining out. The longer, bigger scarf would be good for long days out in the cold birdwatching.
I bought the yarn from the Yarn Cravin
- Cascade Yarns - http://www.cascadeyarns.com - Seattle, WA
- Ecological Wool
- 100% undyed Peruvian Highland Wool
- Color: Mocha (definitely dark brown, which I like)
- Shade: 8095
- Batch: 0100
- Weight: 250 grams / 8.75 oz
- Length: approx 437 m / 478 yards
- 14 stitches = 4 in (10cm)
- Needle size US 10 (6.0 mm)
- Cost of yarn at the Cravin: $16.95
As stated above, I'm used number US 9 needles to knit 12 stitches that creates a width/length of 3 to 3 1/4 inches
Toledo area shopping - Sat, Mar 15, 2014 - Mar 18, 2014
Toledo area yarn stores - Jul 20, 2015
Knitting my first scarf - Aug 21, 2013
About Augusta National Masters Gold Tournament Green Jacket - Apr 09, 2015
2014 Black Swamp Spinners Guild Market Day and Fiber Fair Vendors - Jan 15, 2015