"Mobile advertising is still underperforming vs. time spent on mobile devices, whereas print is still significantly overperforming."
May 28, 2014:
- Internet user growth has slowed below 10%, smartphone growth is still strong but slowing.
- But mobile data traffic is accelerating—up 81% year-over-year—thanks to video, where mobile is now 22% of consumption.
- Only 30% of the world’s 5.2 billion mobile users have smartphones—still room for growth.
- There are still more global TV users (5.5 billion) than mobile phone (5.2 billion).
- 97% of smartphone share OS “made in USA” vs. 5% in pre-iPhone era.
- Mobile advertising is still underperforming vs. time spent on mobile devices, whereas print is still significantly overperforming.
- About 5 million Bitcoin wallets exist, up 8 times year-over-year.
- Tinder users “swipe” 800 million times per day, up 21 times year-over-year.
- 66% of U.S. tablet owners are surfing the web while watching TV. 44% are shopping.
- 52% of ESPN’s digital users access only on smartphones and tablets, representing 48% of time spent.
- China’s mobile Internet users now ~80% of total China Internet users. More critical mass for mobile web than anywhere, and leading mobile commerce revolution.
- Six of top 10 Internet properties “made in USA”—down from 9 of top 10 last year—with more than 86% of their users outside America. “China rising fast.”
Apple iOS 9 - news reader and ad blocker - Sep 20, 2015
Land line phone usage - Apr 15, 2014
What does "mobile first" mean to the media? - Jan 13, 2014
Interesting Tech and Writing Info - Dec 14, 2015
Reading longform on phones - Mar 03, 2014