As usual, I think about copying large scale projects for use at local level.
For paid subscribers:
- localized version of Wikipedia with all content from the same media outlet such as toledo blade which has a vast treasure of content.
- vox.com - design concepts of cards and explanatory info. Somewhat related to above local Wikipedia concept.
- circa mobile native app - short stories that get updated as new info is learned. User can follow stories to get notifications of updates. Links to full stories to be viewed within app or in web browser per below design.
- medium.com web design for articles - clean, simple, responsive design. Focus on content: text, photos, and video. Links to wiki or explainer articles.
- once-a-day email newsletter digest. Skimm.
Digital media and web services unbundling their products - Jun 04, 2014
Google AMP and Facebook's Instant Articles info - late Jan 2016 - Jan 26, 2016
Circa's mobile app versus the web and RSS - Jul 23, 2014
Interesting design and function plans by the UK's The Times - Jul 30, 2016
Facebook mobile lessons that may apply to media - Oct 08, 2013