Around home nature notes for May 18, 2015
- In the oak trees around our home, the oak tree flower began falling on approx Fri, May 15, 2015.
The spirea bushes were at full bloom on Sun morning, May 17.
The Lilies of the Valley began blooming early last week, around May 11.
The small white...
1 min read
- May 18, 2015 - #home #flower #tree #garden
Control mildew on plant leaves
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon liquid soap
1 gallon of water
mix and shake well.
fill spray bottle.
spray leaves early in the morning or late in the evening.
#home - #garden - #flower - #howto - #blog_jr
- Sep 02, 2014
Do nurseries sell plants that are poisonous to honeybees?
- I realize that the honeybee is a non-native insect to North America, but if this info is true, and if the situation negatively impacts honeybees, will it also hurt our native bee population?
From a Facebook friend's post:
I did not know neonic p...
- Jun 25, 2014 - #todo #nature #environment #business #flower #insect #food #blog_jr
Backyard photos - Jun 21, 2014
- Evening photos with a mostly cloudy sky, so the light was poor.
Our little Toledo urban backyard. The soil part. Unfortunately, at least half of the back property consists of the concrete driveway, leading to the detached garage. I guess that was ...
2 min read
- Jun 21, 2014 - #home #toledo #flower #nature #garden #blog_jr