(My Apr 7, 2014 comment added to a Toledo Talk thread about Denver selling marijuana.)
Ezra Klein's new media venture http://vox.com launched recently, and here's an Apr 6, 2014 story titled:
The city is now home to more than 62 percent of all Colorado recreational marijuana retailers, who cashed in on $14 million in sales in January alone.
Three months into its legalization experiment, Denver isn't seeing a widespread rise in crime. Violent and property crimes actually decreased slightly, and some cities are taking a second look at allowing marijuana sales.
Three months is still a short time frame
In addition to its stories, Vox.com tries to provide explanatory journalism in wiki-like style with what it calls "cards." Text with a yellow background is a link to a card that provides additional information on the topic.
20 cards were associated with the above story. Each card appears on its own page with its own URL. A few samples:
- What's the case for marijuana legalization?
- What's the case against marijuana legalization?
- How many people get arrested for marijuana-related offenses?
- What are the health effects of marijuana use?
- Is marijuana a gateway drug?
- Does marijuana legalization lead to more marijuana use?
- How much tax revenue would come from marijuana legalization?
- What’s happened in Colorado since the state legalized marijuana?
- Where is marijuana legal?
Excerpts from the card about the case against marijuana legalization:
Some studies and experts suggest teenage marijuana use correlates with worse brain development and lower IQs.
Apr 6, 2014 Vox.com story titled: How politics makes us stupid
Plain Dealer newspaper downsizes due to changes from print to digital - Oct 08, 2013
New downtown Toledo development project planned by taxpayer-owned Mud Hens baseball team - Aug 24, 2013
Toledo Blade Newspaper, a Strong Publisher Form of Government and Rule over Toledo, Ohio - Mar 03, 2014
Blade's dumb idea to move Owens CC downtown - Sep 02, 2014
Summary about ProMedica moving its headquarters to downtown Toledo - Mar 03, 2014