Feb 26, 2015 - Toledo Blade - Black Cloister Brewing Co. taps opening date
The story is part of a new Blade column, called "Raise a Glass."
This is the debut of Raise a Glass, a monthly craft beer column covering what’s brewing in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. It will appear in The Blade’s Weekender the last Thursday of every month.
Summary from the story about Black Cloister:
- first official brew day occurred on Tuesday.
- will open to the public on March 20.
- will be open from 4 p.m. to midnight Tuesdays through Sundays.
- will allow consumers to decide which beers will be taproom staples.
- has plans for nine different beers in the first four weeks of production.
- emphasis on Belgian-style beers.
- other styles such as American IPAs, Porters, and Irish reds also will be brewed.
- won’t serve any food, and doesn’t have a kitchen.
- strictly will be run as a taproom.
- patrons will be able to order “take-in” from neighboring restaurants, including Table Forty 4 and PizzaPapalis.
- the brewery’s beer will be available at those restaurants.
- Black Cloister has verbal agreements with 27 restaurants to serve their beer.
Tt post oct 19 2015 - Oct 19, 2015
About the Black Cloister opening in March 2015 - Feb 25, 2015
Tt post apr 20 2016 - Apr 20, 2016
Black Frog Brewery - Sep 02, 2014
Sat, Apr 4, 2015 Notes - Apr 14, 2015