Fleitz Pumpkin Farm visit - Sat, Oct 11, 2014
- Toledo morning temps started out in the mid to upper 30s. It turned out to be a sunny, comfy fall afternoon. After shopping downtown at the Toledo farmers market, DD and I drove east of Oregon to visit Fleitz Pumpkin Farm. It was our first visit in a...
1 min read
- May 17, 2016 - #farming #food #family #event #blog_jr
Notes - Jun 12-15, 2014
- Thu, Jun 12 - Glass City Mashers meeting at The Attic
DD and I attended our first Glass City Mashers meeting last night, Jun 12, 2014 at the Attic, located above Mano's along Adams Street. The discussion focused on "bitters," which are English a...
2 min read
- Nov 11, 2014 - #event #todo #toledo #food #beer #family #garden #blog_jr
Kelleys Island Visit with MN Gang - Jul 10, 2014
- Took auto ferry from Marblehead, but we did not take a vehicle.
We arrived at KI at around 1:00 p.m.
We did not rent from the business at the dock.
We walked to downtown and rented a golf cart from the Caddy Shack, the same place where we've rented g...
5 min read
- Jul 17, 2014 - #toledo #weather #family #lakeerie #food #restaurant
Mother's Day, May 11, 2014
- DD and I left home around 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. for a drive to meet DD's parents for lunch. CP and B drove separately and joined us.
Our first options for lunch were locally-owned restaurants in Fenton or Williamston, but DD called the day before, and t...
1 min read
- May 27, 2014 - #family #event #food #blog_jr