2016 Cleveland Browns move toward Moneyball
- Jan 6, 2016 - And I like the idea. It's intriguing. But I might be a bit bias because my degree is in mathematics, and I like using stats to provide context.
Since a lot of Cleveland media and national media are confused and upset about the recent m...
11 min read
- Jan 13, 2016 - #math #data #sports #football #nfl #browns #business #blog_jr
My dec 14, 2015 tt post
- if only the person knew the difference between an "angel" and an "angle"
That's an old geometry joke.
"Every time a bell rings, an angle gets its degrees."
#quote #humor #math
- Dec 14, 2015
Lyrics for Lateralus by Tool
- The Fibonacci in Lateralus
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
1 min read
- May 04, 2015 - #music #math #philosophy
Economics graduation speech in under 300 words
- Apr 19, 2014 - Vox.com - This graduation speech teaches you everything you need to know about economics in 297 words
In 2011, Thomas Sargent won the Nobel prize in economics. But in 2007, he gave a graduation speech to Berkeley undergraduates tha...
2 min read
- May 27, 2014 - #economy #politics #business #math #blog_jr
Math trumps punditry in predicting 2012 presidential outcome
- (My Nov 7, 2012 ToledoTalk.com post )
Wikipedia: Nate Silver - Statistician
(launched in March 2014)
In the 2008 presidential election, Nate's math model correctly predicted the winner in 49 of 50 states.
In the 2010 presidential ele...
1 min read
- Mar 20, 2014 - #politics #math #media #blog_jr