Copying notes from my Field Notes pocket notebook.
WTSP sang along the west side our house between 6:00 and 6:20 a.m. Upstairs west window left open during the night, so good morning song wafted in.
We slept in. I walked Barney at 10:00 a.m.
Sunny, clear sky, breezy morning, comfy enough temps. West wind.
Late start, but we visited the Toledo Farmers Market and purchased:
- Proof 419 Bread - made with beer from the Maumee Bay Brewing Company. This particular small round contained cheese too. Tasty.
- Kenyan Coffee beans. As usual, from Bea's Blend roaster.
- soft pretzels from Egg and Honey
- and tamales from a new vendor who sold hot tamales ready to eat.
From the farmers market, we went to Magee Marsh Wildlife Area boardwalk for birdwatching. We started at the west entrance. We arrived around 12:15 p.m. Birds observed:
- WTSP - picking at green buds on bushes/downed trees that were recently cut for some reason.
- female AMRO shaping a new nest. She lowered herself into nest, moved wings, raised herself, rotated body clockwise, and repeated the shaping.
- female EATO
- RUBL - male and female. this is one of my favorite birds to watch. these foraged like usual along the water's edge, feet in the shallow water, bills used to flip over soggy leaves, looking for food. male sang, which is a great sound. by not birdwatching much the past two springs, I miss the RUBL a lot.
We ended our birdwatching at approx 1:50 p.m. We needed to move on.
We then drove to Home Brew Ohio, located near Route 2, outside Sandusky. This was our first visit. Great store for home beer brewers.
The person working the store was extremely helpful. We handed her the book, she weighed the ingredients per the recipes, milled the grains together, bagged and marked each the grains for each recipe. We also bought hops and yeasts for each recipe. We also bought additional hardware and some items for JP. We bought a 50-pound bag of Briess two-row malt that we will share with JP. It was an enjoyable shopping experience.
We arrived home around 5:20 p.m.
At 6:27 p.m., one SCJU foraged near the west side of the garage.
Notes - Sat, May 3, 2014 - May 27, 2014
Notes - Sat, May 10, 2014 - May 27, 2014
New Grumpy's food truck - June 2014 - Jul 17, 2014
A full, rich Toledo day - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 - May 19, 2016
Grub, beer, and fall-like weather at Mutz on Tue, Jul 15, 2014 - May 19, 2016