Tragedies, witnesses, social media, and media
The Gawker defenses of the tragedy porn collectors are being passed around widely and I don't really know why
- Oct 02, 2015 - #media #socialmedia #news
This. - One link per day sharing site
On the website itself, users can do four things, and no more. They can post a link, but just o...
1 min read
- Aug 12, 2015 - #bookmarking #socialmedia #startup
Social Media for Non-profits
#socialmedia - #writing - #activism - #howto
- Aug 11, 2015
Facebook Instant Articles - May 2015
I doubt Google will be able to create anything to compete with Facebook. Google+ still exists, and it's used a lot, but it's not in the same category as...
21 min read
- May 18, 2015 - #mobile #app #media #socialmedia
Are content silos winning?
- Winning at what, exactly? And why do some hardcore geeks worry about whether silos are winning, losing, or whatever? The masses don't care. The masses only want something fun and easy to use. They want to relish in the moment.
I'm guessing that mo...
14 min read
- Oct 05, 2014 - #indieweb #socialmedia #socialnetwork #blog_jr
The top features for community sites are users and their content
- Whatever they are called ...
forums / message boards
... these sites accept user-generated content, and most likely, these sites host discussions on that content.
Here's a fine comment in this threa...
2 min read
- Oct 03, 2014 - #socialnetwork #socialmedia #forums #blogging #design #reading #writing #blog_jr
Ello Manifesto - September 2014
- Ello is a new social networking site that launched in July 2014.
Your social network is owned by advertisers.
Every post you share, every friend you make and every link you follow is tracked, recorded and converted into ...
- Sep 25, 2014 - #startup #socialmedia #forums
Facebook stock hits a personal high
- The companys shares hit a record high of $76.74 thats the highest theyve gone since Facebook went public in 2012. By midday, the companys market cap was $194.66 billion, spitting distance of IBMs $197.02 billion.
Facebooks user engagement numbers a...
- Jul 24, 2014 - #socialmedia #business
Old twitter news e-mail from February 2008
- looking through e-mail from 2008 in my toledotalk.com account. this one is interesting:
From: "Biz Stone" firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, February 26, 2008 9:26 pm.
We haven't sent out a monthly email update since November of last year.
We're excited ...
- Jun 18, 2014 - #socialmedia #microblogging #history
Google+ as of April 2014
- I occasionally log into my Facebook account, but I don't check Google+ nor Twitter. ToledoTalk.com is enough "social networking" for me.
What were hearing from multiple sources is that Google+ will no longer be considered a produc...
3 min read
- May 27, 2014 - #socialnetworking #socialmedia #business #blog_jr
Toledo Region Branding Initiative
- (My slightly modified Apr 5, 2014 comment to a ToledoTalk thread about branding the Toledo region.)
I say, credit media mogul EconCat88 for igniting this latest trend in branding Toledo's image.
Last fall and this winter, Blade columnists and the B...
4 min read
- Apr 05, 2014 - #toledo #business #socialmedia #advertising #marketing #design #blog_jr
Mark Zuckerberg's and Facebook's views on modern computing
- One year ago today, Apr 4, 2013, Facebook announced Home, which was an interesting and attractive redesign of its News Feed that seemed to lose acceptance within the company or among users. But this post is more about Mark Zuckerberg's views on the f...
3 min read
- Apr 04, 2014 - #internet #web #socialmedia #collaboration #mobile #blog_jr
Facebook might experiment with anonymity
- Seems like an odd philosophical choice, but as a publicly-traded company, it might be a practical business decision.
Randi Zuckerberg said back in July 2011 when she worked at Facebook:
"I think anonymity on the Internet has to go away. People b...
3 min read
- Apr 04, 2014 - #socialmedia #business #anonymity #quote #blog_jr
Guidelines to increase productivity by limiting time on the Internet
- June 2013 Medium.com post Why I Dont Check Facebook Till 6PM - Systems over Discipline
These are the author's guidelines or efficiency rules to increase productivity.
Only check e-mails between 11AM - 12PM, and 3PM - 4PM.
My cell phone stays f...
- Mar 03, 2014 - #socialmedia #gtd #blog_jr
86 percent of Internet users don't create content
- June 25, 2013 - Potluck Is A New Link-Sharing Service For The Internets Lurkers Who Dont Tweet Or Blog
If, according to the Internets 1 percent rule, only a small minority will activity participate in content creation (as with Branch), then thin...
3 min read
- Mar 03, 2014 - #socialmedia #blogging #forums #bookmarking #blog_jr